It’s time to do nominations for our first-ever year-end Crappypasta awards! You guys had a ton of ideas, and I’ve whittled them down to ten categories that I think will be fun and interesting to vote for. Small prizes will be given out for a couple categories, but I am not disclosing which ones, specifically, until nominations are closed to prevent any unscrupulous nomination tactics.
Here are the rules:
- One vote per person per category. I will be checking.
- Put ALL of your nominations in one comment. If you split nominations across comments, they will be deleted. This is to make tallying up and keeping track easier for me; I don’t want to have to go through all the comments and play matching games.
- Only comments/pastas from the site’s inception (June 28, 2012) until Nov 30 2013 are eligible to be nominated. If you nominate something from this December, it won’t count. They will be part of next year’s awards.
- You do not need to give any reasoning, but you are allowed to explain your vote. However, DO NOT ARGUE WITH EACH OTHER ABOUT NOMINATIONS. Everyone is entitled to their opinion; any comments containing trolling or attempts to pick a fight over a nomination will be deleted.
- You have until December 20, 2013 to leave your nominations.
- After December 20, I will close comments on this post and tally up the results. The top 5 nominations for each category will be the official contenders for each category, and I will create a new post with polls allowing everyone to vote on each category.
- I should have mentioned this before, but it didn’t occur to me until a couple of you left your nominations – while I really appreciate that some of you thought of me, please don’t nominate me for any of the commenter categories! Consider me exempt from this vote. If you’re one of the few who did nominate me for something before I added this note, please reply to your comment with a replacement nominee. Thanks!
Here are the categories:
- Best Crappypasta Success Story: You may visit the relevant categories (ADMIN FAIL and Crappypasta Success Stories) to see the eligible pastas. Please select only one pasta that you feel was the best out of all the crappypastas that were rewritten/voted up enough to make it to the main site!
- Most Promising Crappypasta (Concept): Which crappypasta would you most like to see rewritten based on its promising concept? Please provide a link to the pasta.
- Most Promising Crappypasta (Writing): Which crappypasta made you most want to see more of the writer’s work? Please provide a link to the pasta.
- Funniest Comment: Self-explanatory. Which comment on the site do you think is the absolute funniest? Please provide a link to the comment.
- Favorite Crappypasta Meme: Examples would be the Pacemaker, Time-Traveling Dad, Dick County Police, Crappypasta News, Crappypasta Bingo, etc. You don’t need to pick one of the previously mentioned memes, if you have another favorite please nominate it instead! Please provide a link to a comment involving the meme.
- Most Helpful Commenter: Which commenter do you feel regularly leaves the most genuinely constructive and helpful critiques on the pastas here?
- Funniest Commenter: Which commenter do you feel regularly leaves the funniest comments here?
- Least Favorite Crappypasta Cliche: What is your absolute least favorite cliche that turns up in crappypastas? Examples would be Jeff fanfic self-inserts, minecraft pastas, etc. You can use the tags as your guide or suggest something else that bothers you.
- Worst Overall Pasta: As it sounds. Which crappypasta do you really, really hate? Please provide a link to the pasta.
- Worst Creepypasta Fanfic Pasta: Vote for your least favorite crappypasta that features an already established Creepypasta monster/character. Slenderman, Jeff the Killer, The Rake, etc. Check Oh, Look. More Fanfiction. for eligible pastas. Please provide a link to the pasta.
So bring on the nominations and have fun!Add this crappypasta to your favorites